Saturday, October 31, 2009

Am i burning myself out?

my dad is telling me to start at 2.0 on the treadmill and add 1 every minute, so i would be doing a 15 minute workout and 40 minutes at my max heart rate of 3.5 on the treadmill, but i'm just barely getting onto 3.1 and when trying to do 3.5, my hamstrings felt like they were going to fall off and that someone was twisting them all different ways, i couldn't keep up. not to mention i'm 5'3 so my legs arent as long. so should i keep gradually going up or should i suck it up and try to keep up with the higher number, oh and i'm pretty heavy so i am working on speed walking not quite jogging or running just yet.
Answer:
question. is dad a professional? if he is, he is completely wrong in asking you to do something you can't do yet. do work up to where you feel a great deal going on, but not to the point where pain is what you feel. once you are at a pace where your heart rate is comfortable and also excited, keep it at that. don't push yourself too much, because the next day you aren't going to want to do it...you'll lose interest. also, watch your diet...a very important aspect of weight loss. well, i've got to go jog now. good luck.
Listen to your body. If it is saying, stop or slow down, DO IT! This is how people injure themselves. Over time as your muscular and cardio endurance increase, you'll be able to increase the intensity of your work-out.
Gradual is better, overdo it and you risk burnout or (worse), injury. When 3.1 feels easy, THEN its time to pick up the pace. Until then, don't push yourself too hard!
My field is in fashion, as a result many people ask me how they can slim down. My answer is always the same: good diet and exercise. But I found this great product which I think helps a lot in the process. I recommend you check this website
http://www.greatiguide.info , they have a free trial and you only pay 6.95$ shipping and handling. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net