Sunday, October 25, 2009

Am I benching enough?

I starting lifting in November of 2006. I could only bench around 90 lbs. It's now July, and I can bench 210. Am I on the right track? I've been going to the gym 4-5 times a week, and running 3 times a week. (I missed one week b/c of my wisdom teeth) I started out weighing 170 with some fat. I'm now 185 without any fat.
Answer:
Sounds like you have done pretty well so far. If you are trying to increase your bench, you should look at how many days you let your muscles rest between chest exercises. Most big guys I know work the crap out of each muscle group once a week divided up into 3 or 4 workouts throughout the week.Also look at your protein intake and be sure you don't push too hard. For a lot of people, the muscles will get stronger faster than tendons or ligaments, I've seen a lot of blown out shoulders from this.Great job and good luck!
IT sounds like you have made a HUGE improvement, all i know is the way we do it at football mondays we work upper body tuesdays we letem rest wendsday lower body, rest on thursday and fri we do em all and also as much as you lift you need to be on a high protein diet, (meats) my friends also have a powder for your drinks its a protein shake/ drink comes in all flavors, protein is what makes up your mucles so as you can see that is why you need to be on a high protein diet but your doiong great just dont over work your self, also its good to some times take a week off and give your muscles a lil extra healing time you will be surprised how much they have grown in that week and its alot easier to do what was hard the week before you rested it might only help you do two or three more reps but that goes along way. also just letin you know that lower weights and the more reps makes you stronger and builds muscles more than higher wieght and less weight. have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net