Sunday, October 25, 2009

Alli for weight loss? Anyone happy that has tried it?

I am thinking about trying the Alli pill. I took Xenical before and experience too many "almost" bathroom incidents. I have heard the Alli pill is not as strong. Does anyone that has taken it have any positive things to report? Just curious before I spend the money...Thanks!
Answer:
I have been on Alli for about 2.5 weeks (when ever it came out). I was terrified of the explosive bowels I kept hearing about, so I started on a weekend when I was home. I have never had an accident or near accident. While taking this I am definitely more conscious about what i eat, and even though I could skip a pill if I wanted to be bad, there is enough drug in my system to still cause a treatment effect.In fact, I have actually been a little constipated and have had to use stool softeners a couple of times, still no "accidents". I have never had oily spotting or anything. Yes I do see the oil in the toilet, yes it is gross, but I'd rather it be there than in my body, and I know the pills are working!!Being on this pill has helped me with my will power, knowing if I really want to eat something I shouldn't, there may be very undesirable consequences!!I have lost over 10 pounds so far and shocked to see the weight go down a little each day!I'd say if you can follow the guidelines of the 15 grams of fat per meal you should do just fine!!
with a bottle label that says"may casue explosive bowel movements"...i wont be trying it
Ack. My mom was going to buy it but when she read up about it the paper says that alli caused severe diarrhea that could come at any time. Sort of random diarrhea.so she figured it wasn't worth buying new clothes for and just decided to not buy it.
I tried it. You should be really careful not to eat oily food after you take a pill. I took one Alli pill and then ate cooked salmon marinated with pesto sauce, and after that I had liquid number 2 the whole evening, and also the next day. I couldn't sleep that night because I thought I might wet the bed sheets with brown oil (!!) I never tried Xenical, but Alli is supposed to be much weaker. I stopped taking Alli after that day. It's also annoying because you always see oil floating in the toilet after you go. I would rather go with appetit supressing pills.
Take prescription from a doc first.Eat only when hungry and not more than thrice a day. Nothing other than water in between. Include plenty of uncooked vegetables and fruits in each meal, preferably 50%. Chew each morsel at least 32 times to activate ur body to generate signals of hunger/fullness. Obey these signals.Take light exercises and brisk walks regularly preferably twice a day.U will achieve what u have not even dreamt and that too in a reasonable time. Do not be in a hurry.
i work one on one with a pharmacist everyday. i would like to first say that i am on it right now, with barely any side affects for a week now and i lost 4 lbs, this is with diet (weight Watchers) and exercise. the difference between Alli and xenical is Alli is only 60mg and xenical is 120mg. this causes way less side affects. if you eat right then Alli will work for you. if you eat junk, then you will get side affects. i suggest anyone who thinks they can eat what they want and be on this pill that this is not right for you. this is a lifestyle change, a total lifestyle change. i would recommend this product to anyone who really wants to loss weight and commit to a lifestyle change.
I have been on Alli for 1 week and had NO side effects. I just make sure I do not eat a meal with more than 15 grams of fat. I look up nutritional info online before eating out, and bring my own food when going to a cook out (fat free hot dogs or chicken!). I have lost 3 lbs. with no side effects at all!
Great question! Alli's sure generating a lot of talk! There's some good information below on this hot diet aid:http://health.ivillage.com/prevention/we...And you might want to check-out this discussion board on iVillage where there's tons of information and support on this topic:http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-bhr...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net