Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Am I only the only one Weight Watchers didn't work for?

I have two work colleagues who have lost weight using weight watchers. I tried them some months ago and think I just went to the wrong class. The leader took my weight and money, showed me the plan quickly then asked me if I wanted to buy any receipe books. I only went twice after that and lost about 2 pounds.
Answer:
Weight Watchers didn't work for me either. I went for about 3 months, one week I'd lose a couple of pounds, next week I'd put on half a pound, maybe nothing the third week, maybe lose half a pound or so more the fourth. Overall, it made no great difference, and I really did stick to it. I felt hungry all the time too. I went with a friend and she lost like 20 pounds over the same time, so I don't know? I didn't find that the leader of the class was remotely interested in why it wasn't working for me either - I think she wanted to give gung-ho talks and sell more of their crappy points books and overpriced additive-ridden food, and I just quit. I've lost weight since by not thinking about my weight so much - but by eating carefully and slowly and enjoying every single thing I eat rather than just comfort eating, and by trying to be generally more active in my life, even if it's just walking up to the next busstop or trying to stay more on my feet at work. For me, these tiny 24/7 attitude changes have made much more difference than any point-counting regime.
Weight watchers didn't work for me either. Diet pills work for me, along with a healthy diet to go along with it.
Weight Watchers has worked for just about every person I know who has used it. I lost and kept off about 70 pounds.
Like any plan, you need to stick with it. Which you obviously didn't (i.e. "I only went twice...")
Try the online version, it works just as well, and no hard sell on recipe books. But whatever you pick, you need to stick with it to have it work.
hmmmm.i went to weight watchers and lost 15 pounds. But your leader doesn't sound very good. Like the leader I had she sat down and explained EVERYTHING!! So Maybe you need to go to a different weight watchers meeting center
Sometimes dieting alone is not sufficient enough for some individuals to lose weight. To assume everyone is the same physiologically is a mistake. Yes weight watchers will work for many, but there are a slim few that will need to collaborate other factors to lose weight. Calorie control along with exercise (muscle building + cardio) can be a new plan of attack for you. Maybe you just need to try a new angle. Good Luck!
You have to really be diligent with any plan. That's why plans fail so much, because people think they're a quick fix, and think they can go back to their old ways. You have to have a lifestyle change that you implement for the rest of your life. You need to eat healthy, unprocessed foods, and you need to exercise. Weight watchers works for people because it's a big support group. I think in order to make it work, you really need to take advantage of the social network at meetings.
its working 4 me i ave lost 28lbs since feb
Not tried.Eat only when hungry and not more than thrice a day. Nothing other than water in between. Include plenty of uncooked vegetables and fruits in each meal, preferably 50%. Chew each morsel at least 32 times to activate ur body to generate signals of hunger/fullness. Obey these signals.Take light exercises and brisk walks regularly preferably twice a day.U will achieve what u have not even dreamt and that too in a reasonable time. Do not be in a hurry.
Sounds like the leader couldnt be bothered
I do weight watchers, and i have never been to a class, i joined online, bought like the journal , a points calculator, recipe books, and then after a while i cancelled my subscription, and now i do it alone, and ive lost 10lb :) and i feel better for it - ive got 28lb to go til im at goal, and i know i can do it!! :D
Im sure you could too, give it another go!! :D
lol no to be honest the best way is not to go on a diet as ive tried them all and diet pills and they dont work lol but just change your diet and go swimming 4-5 times a week for about an hour each time it tones your tummy and all your body up wonderful too ! i lost just over 2 1/2 stone since may its great and i eat loads too im just eating the right foods but instead of swimming try aqua arobics its great and really fun ! great question goodluck !
Don't worry no you are not the only one. I speak to loads of people who have been on the weight watchers diet. Don't get me wrong,. they do have good sucess with this but they don't really focus on the individual, so in some cases it works much better for one than the next.As you say it sounded like that leader didn't have much time for you either thats because they have so many at the meetings they just don't have the time.If you live in the uk email me and I can give you some more info. I am a weightloss/wellness coach .
Best wishes

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net